Hot stone massage therapy is a holistic therapy technique which combines massage strokes, the application of geo-thermotherapy and heated basalt stones to bring about chemical release within the body’s systems.
Hot stones are placed on key energy centres of the body to prepare them for the massage to follow which is done with the heated stones. A cold stone can be used briefly after the application of a hot stone. The contrasting heat and cold can cause the blood vessels to alternate between dilation and constriction. This results in increased circulation and oxygenation of blood.
Benefits of Hot Stone Massage
- Relaxation on all levels, physically/mentally / spiritually.
- Increases lymphatic drainage function.
- Clears energetic blocks and heavy energy.
- Nurtures the body through heat application.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Reduces muscle tension.
- The body’s ability to heal is increased.
Contraindications to Hot Stone Massage
- Cardio- vascular conditions.
- Medical Edema.
- (Please check with your Doctor first if you have any concerns.)
75 mins €65