Massage is a form of tissue manipulation which has developed over thousands of years. From ancient China to present day Europe is has been used for the promotion and restoration of health. People the world over have used this hands on technique as a form of communication and comfort throughout history.
It can be used for relaxation purposes or for specific areas of tension in the body. Depending on what the client wants it can be soothing and comforting, providing a sense of security and well- being. Likewise it can be stimulating and invigorating, speeding up waste removal and improving circulation.
Most people, from babies to older people can benefit from massage as it is a non-threatening, non-invasive and natural therapy. People with medical conditions should consult their doctor first before having a treatment
Benefits of Massage
- Massage has a long list of benefits; the main ones are listed below
- Reduces stress which has been linked to the cause of many conditions.
- Relieves pain and stress from Fibromyalgia
- Aids digestion, waste removal and neural communication.
- Prevents spasms and stiffness in the muscles by improving circulation.
- Improves the immune system.
- Elevates the mood by the release of endorphins.
- Increases joint mobility and flexibility.
- Improves sleep and aids relaxation.
- Increases mental clarity.
- Blood pressure can be reduced with regular massage (check with Doctor first)